Preparing Your Home for Granite Countertop InstallationWhat to Expect
We are ecstatic that you are considering one of the most elegant, exclusive, and practical countertop surfaces available! Please allow us to guide you through what to expect during your granite countertop installation.
Your personal countertopdesign consultant is available throughout the selection, buying, fabricating and installation process. He or she will guide you in case you have any questions or concerns.
Due to the unique characteristics of natural stone and its installation, we want you to be aware of the following information on what to expect:
Templating Visit (Approx: two hours)
- Templates are made from over existing countertops and/or new cabinets.
- Please clear all countertops completely by removing items.
- New cabinets must be fully installed prior template date.
- The location of the seams is discussed with the homeowner by our crew.
- Location of all faucet holes and accessories are discussed.
- We need the cook-top, sink and faucets cutout manuals. If the sink is an under mount you must have it ready for our crew to bring it back to our shop. Cooktop and sink cutouts will be per manufacturer’s template.
- If they choose to, the customer is then welcome back to our facility with the template crews to help with the layout of their templates.
- This process involves taking the wood templates and placing them on the full slabs so that the customer can visualize what characteristics of the stone will be included in each counter.
- Schedule a plumber for day after our installation is completed.
Countertop Installation Visit (Approx: 4-6 hours)
- If we are removing your old countertops we will disconnect the sink, faucets and cook-top and haul them away for disposal (at an additional cost determined at the time of estimate). Our crews are very careful, however there is a chance that your dry wall, wallpaper, trim, tile or other wall coverings may be damaged. We are responsible for any repairs.
- Prior to our arrival you must remove all fragile items from the work area and all drawers from the base cabinets.
- You must have your cooking surface, sink, accessories and faucet on-site to confirm the cut-out dimensions.
Our installers will be moving heavy countertops and working with dangerous equipment, please stay away for safety
- We use very strong adhesive for seams. These chemicals emit strong odors that should go away within an hour. Please ensure that you stay away from the work area including pets and children.
- After the installation, we will clean the immediate areas.
After installation is complete:
- Once the job is completed our lead installer will do a detailed inspection of the job with the customer. If everything is to your satisfaction you sign an Inspection and Release form.
- Once signed you are required to pay any balance due.
- We will give you an information, care and maintenance packet for your new stone countertops.